The year 2013 is coming to a close. Overall, it's been a great year. I didn't accomplish all the different kinds of goals I set for myself at the beginning of the year, but I worked on them - and I think that's important.
It's been a great year book-wise, too. I read a lot of wonderful stories. I originally set a goal to read 75 books, but I very soon realized that just wasn't a realistic amount, so I changed it to 60 books. It turned out to be the perfect amount for me. I just completed the goal this morning (just on time!).
I decided to share with you guys what my favorites were. These are the 13 books that really stuck out to me out of the 60 read books. If you're looking for book recommendations (I know I always am!), I definitely recommend each of these lovely books:
- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
- To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- Emma by Jane Austen
- Persuasion by Jane Austen
- The Hero and the Crown by Jane Austen
- Cinder by Robin McKinley
- Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
- Beauty by Robin McKinley
- The Frog Princess by E.D. Baker
- Artemis Fowl and The Eternity Code by Eoin Colfer
- The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux
- The Blue Castle by L.M. Montgomery
You can check out my Goodreads Reading Challenge page here to check these (and the other books I read) out!
Did any books you read this year become new favorites? I'd love to hear about them!