Curly-headed girls often get this said to them:
"Wow! You're so lucky! Some people spend a hundred dollars on a perm to get curly hair like that - and you get it for free!"
But curly-headed girls know that this is very, very false. Because no, curls are not free.
Curls come at a very big price.
Whether you're a curly girl yourself, or whether you are simply interested in finding out what it's like to be one of us, I hope you enjoy this list of the many woes of having curls.
Note: Not all of these will be relatable to everyone, as these are just the problems I myself have faced.
1. You wake up every morning looking like a curly-haired monster.
2. Your curls can not be tamed. No matter what products you use, no matter how expensive your bottle of shampoo was - your curls do what they want.
3. You sometimes find bobby pins in your hair while shampooing it.
4. You get called cruel nicknames. My brother occasionally calls me Weird Al.
5. One word: Humidity. No no no no.
6. If you want to straighten your hair, it takes hours. ...and it only lasts a few hours before it starts curling again.
7. Limited hairstyle options. Can't do no milkmaid braid, yo.
8. You vaguely resemble Mia Thermopolis...before her makeover.
9. Messy buns are your best friends. Because at least you meant for it to look messy.
10. You go through more conditioner in a week than most people go through in a month.
11. You refuse to leave the house without a hair tie.
12. You envy girls who are able to keep their curls under control. MUST BE SORCERY!
13. You find twigs and leaves in your hair after a walk in the woods.
14. You receive shocked looks from people after telling them that you don't brush your hair. "Trust me, it would make things worse."
15. When you pluck up the courage to actually wear your hair down for once, you step outside and the wind makes it look like a tumbleweed. Well, good thing I brought a hair tie...
16. Hairstylists don't know how to deal with you.
It's a tough life, that's for sure. But in all seriousness, having curly hair can be cool sometimes. I mean, if I ever want to cosplay Merida, I don't have to buy a wig! #win #curlyhairdontcare