Thursday, May 2, 2013

bookish questions



Olivia from the lovely blog Epiphanies did a book-filled question-and-answer post and it looked so much fun -  so here's one of my own with some of those same questions plus some from this tag.




What are you currently reading?
I'm reading Redwall by Brian Jacques. Also I started Middlemarch by George Eliot a little while ago and still need to finish it.

Do you prefer series books or stand-alones?
It really depends. I like both!

What is your favourite drink while reading?
Tea. Definitely tea.


Do you prefer hardback or paperback?
I love hardbacks. They're so pretty and stay looking new for so much longer. But I usually buy paperbacks since they are much cheaper.

Bookstore or online?
I love going to bookshops to looking around, but I usually buy books online because, again, so much cheaper.

Fantasy world or real life issues?
I like both, depending on the book. I have to say, though - most of my favorite books are fantasy.
 
Monster read or short & sweet?
I love long books once I'm into them, but it can be really daunting at first when they're like 600+ pages.

How do you keep your place while reading a book?
I have a dozen bookmarks, but usually I just grabbing whatever's closest.



What is the last book you bought?
I recently bought two illustrated fairytales - A Little Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast. But I haven't bought a proper novel in a while, because I'm a 'book-buying-ban'. I promised myself not to buy another book until I've read all the un-read books on my shelf!

Are you the type of person who reads to the end of a chapter, or can you stop anywhere?
I definitely prefer to read to the end of the chapter if I can.

If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you look it up right away?
Sometimes I do, if I'm really curious about it. For example, that happened a couple of times in The Extraordinary Education of Nicholas Benedict - the author uses awesome, unusual big words and I always want to look them up so I could use them myself... :)




How do you organize your books?
They're organized by genre. I've found that to be the best way, because when I alphabetize them by author it mixes up certain books that I want to keep together.


  Now a question for you - what are you currently reading? :)


  love, Hannah

5 comments:

  1. Gleeps! I love this, I really do. :) So neat to see your different answers (and seeing my name on someone else's blog gave me a really good feeling. *hug*) One question you didn't answer but I'm curious about - which books do you most highly recommend when people ask you? I'm looking for some books to read this summer...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cool idea:) I love hearing (well, reading:P) what other people like to read and stuff:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an awesome idea! I'm reading Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens and The Story of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table by Roger Lancelyn Greene:)

    Layla.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh cool I might give a go to answering these questions too... I'm reading The Good Soldier by Ford Maddox Ford! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is é seo an blag fionnuar.

    Do dheartháir deas

    ReplyDelete