Saturday, December 11, 2010

my review - the voyage of the dawn treader





Last night I saw The Voyage of the Dawn Treader for the first time.

I want to start off by explaining just how much I love the book. But I can't. I think it is impossible to express just how incredible and magical the book is.
It's a masterpiece.

Ever since I listened to the radio theater and heard the story for the first time I've wished that they would make a movie out of it. And even more so after I read the book for myself. You have no idea how excited I was when it was finally in the making.



I walked into the cinema not really knowing what to expect. Would it be any good? Would it be anything like the book at all? Did they leave out or change the things I loved most about the book?

And I have to say - it was very different than the book. It was just loosely based on the book. But since the book has so many different adventures that make up the main one, it would be pretty impossible to squeeze it all into a 2-hour movie. So they rather cleverly joined them together, and I think they did a really good job.

There were lots of things I really loved about this movie. One thing was that lots of the characters were just perfect. Two that really stuck out to me were Eustace and Reepicheep. They were both so funny and were almost exactly as I have always imagined them to be like. Eustace was a terrible nuisance - just as he should be! Another thing was that the scenery and the music were really beautiful.

I am pretty sad, though, that my favorite character - Aslan - didn't seem to play as much of a part in the story that I wish he had.



Overall I think it was a great movie and that they did a wonderful job on it - I think it was my favorite out of the three movies! I can't wait to see it again.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! This is Hannah :) From Devoted Daughter.....My family and I saw The voyage of the Dawn Treader last night too, And I agree that Eustace and Reep were the best! I was disappointed that Aslan was not in the film as much as he should have been...and it didn't seem like I was watching a movie about Narnia, but over all, I think that they did a pretty good job of it. :)
    Great post!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! You lucky thing! It dosen't come out in Ausralia for a few more days! I fear I cannot wait that long!
    ~Britts

    ReplyDelete