Friday, September 7, 2012

the name collector // part ii




  |Sailboats are boyish, right? I thought flowers and butterflies weren't the best option this time...|




 my current favorite names
part II - boy names



Arthur
Celtic, meaning "strong as a bear" or "king".  This name makes me think of heroic quests, daring sword fights, and Camelot :)

Corin
 Irish, meaning "spear bearer".
  
Marius
Latin, meaning "sailor". And yeah...it's from Les Mis :)

Matthew
Hebrew, meaning "God's Gift".

David 
Hebrew, meaning "beloved".
 
Jonathan
Hebrew, meaning "God has Given".

Charlie
German, from "Charles", meaning "manly". Okay, so I used to not really like this name...but I changed my mind...it's so nice and British! "Charlie bit my finger!"
 
Peter
Greek, meaning "stone". Great fictional people - Peter Pevensie, Peter Pan, Peeta Mellark (kinda?).

Sam
Short for Samuel (or Samson, or....*cough* Samwise Gamgee). Hebrew, meaning "God's Word".

Ryan
Irish, meaning  "little king".

Conor
Irish, meaning "strong-willed". 

_

So there we go!

Oh! And of course "Caleb" and "Brendan". My brothers would feel totally sad if their names weren't mentioned. Actually, they probably wouldn't. But I feel obligated!


What are some of your favorites??

3 comments:

  1. Cool! Nice Names! Wow! Sweet! Awesome! Coolio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Charlie! My two absolute favourite names are William and Thomas :)

    Anna

    ReplyDelete