Saturday, September 15, 2012

the summer reading list

 
 Warning: I'm completely book-crazy, and it's evident in this post.

 There were twenty-four books on my summer reading list when I first wrote it on the 25th of May. A lot of them ended up being crossed off - either because I ran out of time, or I just decided I didn't want to read the book after all. In the end, I read thirteen books from my list. Even though I would have loved to have read more, the terrible truth is that there's just not enough time in the world for all the good books there are to read.

These are the books I read (or mostly read...I'm counting the ones I didn't finish!). The numbers next to them are my rating :)

 North Child  (also called East) by Edith Pattou - 5/5

Pretties  by Scott Westerfeld - 3/5

Inkheart  by Cornelia Funke - 4.5/5

The Search for WondLa  by




















The books that were crossed off from the list, like the Lord of the Rings and Emma, will simply have to moved to my Autumn Reading List.

 Also, any book suggestions for my next reading list would be most welcome :)

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd love to send you my Autumn reading list. :) Wanting to read them before I start my classes in January -- so yes. here are a few of them, mixed with some of my favorites that I've already read:

    Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (my favorite book ever)
    Looking for Alaska by John Green (one of the most amazing writers of our day)
    Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card
    Just Listen by Sarah Dessen
    Why We Broke Up by Daniel Hander (my second favorite book in history)
    Hold Still by Nina LaCour
    Tea With Hezbollah by Ted Dekker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to read 14 books this summer---so, we're practically even! Looks like you accomplished reading some great ones. This reminds me, I totally need to read Peter Pan! Did you know that Barrie wrote prequels? I think they introduce Peter Pan as he is before the actual Peter Pan book---but I'm not sure, since I haven't read them myself. (The Little White Bird & Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens)

    I'm going to have to find out more about some of these other books you had on your list!

    ReplyDelete