Thursday, March 7, 2013

an excellent library


“In a good bookroom you feel in some mysterious way that you are absorbing the wisdom contained in all the books through your skin, without even opening them.”
― Mark Twain



“A good library will never be too neat, or too dusty, because somebody will always be in it, taking books off the shelves and staying up late reading them.”
― Lemony Snicket



“I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library.”
― Jorge Luis Borges



“I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”
― Jane Austen



Libraries are not made; they grow.
Augustine Birrell



A little library, growing larger every year, is an honourable part of a man's history. It is a man's duty to have books. A library is not a luxury, but one of the necessaries of life.
― Henry Ward Beecher 

|photos don't belong to me, found through pinterest| 



currently:
listening to: Ice on Her Lashes by Brooke Fraser
reading: Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis   

No comments:

Post a Comment