Sunday, November 16, 2014

Happy Birthday, Caleb




Today is Caleb's fourteenth birthday. Whaaaaaat?!?



I remember being three years old and asking my mom every single day, "How many more days til the baby is here?"

And then when he was born, I remember looking at him and thinking, "I wonder what he's going to be like."


I remember laughing at the thought of Caleb as a teenager. "He'll always be a little baby!"



 It's been fourteen years of elbow-fights in the back seat and laughing over things that may or may not have been all that funny. There's been hundreds of walks down to the lake playing "20 Questions", and hundreds of:"What do you want to do?" "I dunno. What do you wanna do?"




These fourteen years would have been a lot less fun without you, Caleb.


Wooooahhhhhh okay that's enough of that! "Enough with the niceties!" as Dwalin would say. 
Let's get down to business.
(not to defeat the huns, if that's what you were hoping)


Ten Reasons Why Caleb is a Cool Person to Have Around:

1. He's very entertaining. "Can I tell you a riddle that's not actually a riddle but a joke?"

2. He makes awesome videos. He makes Lego stop-motions (or "Brickfilms" as he adamantly tells me they're called), funny mash-ups, and skits. Check this out: The Frozen Hobbit

3. He's the biggest Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit fan I've ever met. (it's borderline scary)

4. He loves to read. He's read more books than I have this year. Grrr....

5. He's got some mad piano skills.

6. He's a chatterbox.

7. He's a Whovian. We over-analyze every single Doctor Who episode together.

8. He makes the craziest facial expressions.

9. He is one of my blog's most loyal readers.

10. When I sing the line, "That's my cigar!" he always continues, "You'll steal another."



^That is 100% accurate.



Happy Birthday, Caleb!!! Let's go eat more carrot cake and finish off that box of maltesers.


love,
Hannah

15 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. HAHAHAHA YOU ARE SO MEAN. GO AWAY.

      Delete
    2. Did you like my Hobbit reference?

      Delete
    3. Comment 1: Okay :( ...on my way to go away.
      Comment 2: I liked your Hobbit reference?

      Delete
    4. Hey I just realizes its my birthday!

      Delete
    5. I'm glad I pointed that out to you. Would have been a pity to miss it! Didn't you wonder what the cake was for?

      Delete
    6. No, I didn't. I forgot to remember...

      Delete
  2. THAT FROZEN HOBBIT WAS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN. I laughed my head off. That is gold! Your brother is so so talented!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ISN'T IT?!? :D He'll be so pleased to hear that!

      Delete
  3. This is so adorable! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CALEB!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Caleb! Omg, what a funny video! I just subscribed to one of your channels and I can't wait to watch more. (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was definitely hoping we were going to defeat some huns. jsyk you really got my hopes up there. :(

    but!! this post. I love it. I love it all. :p you guys seem so close.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW SWEET. Those photographs are lovely and lil bros are the best. I call mine little man ( think To Kill a Mockingbird) and we go on adventures together. HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOUR BROTHER.

    Also, I've been really enjoying reading your blog and hope we can be blogging buddies! I wanted to let you know that I've awarded you over at my blog:

    http://youngladyexplorer.blogspot.com/2014/11/best-blogging-buddies-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so sweet I love your blog so much :) It's adorable!

    arushee | unadorned gifts

    ReplyDelete