Today is Caleb's fourteenth birthday. Whaaaaaat?!?
I remember being three years old and asking my mom every single day, "How many more days til the baby is here?"
And then when he was born, I remember looking at him and thinking, "I wonder what he's going to be like."
I remember laughing at the thought of Caleb as a teenager. "He'll always be a little baby!"
It's been fourteen years of elbow-fights in the back seat and laughing over things that may or may not have been all that funny. There's been hundreds of walks down to the lake playing "20 Questions", and hundreds of:"What do you want to do?" "I dunno. What do you wanna do?"
These fourteen years would have been a lot less fun without you, Caleb.
Wooooahhhhhh okay that's enough of that! "Enough with the niceties!" as Dwalin would say.
Let's get down to business.
(not to defeat the huns, if that's what you were hoping)
Ten Reasons Why Caleb is a Cool Person to Have Around:
2. He makes awesome videos. He makes Lego stop-motions (or "Brickfilms" as he adamantly tells me they're called), funny mash-ups, and skits. Check this out: The Frozen Hobbit
3. He's the biggest Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit fan I've ever met. (it's borderline scary)
4. He loves to read. He's read more books than I have this year. Grrr....
5. He's got some mad piano skills.
6. He's a chatterbox.
7. He's a Whovian. We over-analyze every single Doctor Who episode together.
8. He makes the craziest facial expressions.
9. He is one of my blog's most loyal readers.
10. When I sing the line, "That's my cigar!" he always continues, "You'll steal another."
^That is 100% accurate.
Happy Birthday, Caleb!!! Let's go eat more carrot cake and finish off that box of maltesers.